« Grocery Stores (Supermercados) in Argentina | Main | Salt Shaker Buenos Aires Restaurant Reviews »


moving to argentina

Chris, If you're a U.S. citizen you don't need a visa to enter the country. Upon entering you will be given a 90 day tourist visa.

Key questions: Do you have a job already or do you think you'll have one? If not then are you planning a business? These are a couple of key questions that will help me get you pointed in the right direction.

For a long term move you should begin to look at what type of visa you would live on. There are several types that I outlined in my post http://movingtoargentina.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/01/visas_and_visa_.html

There are other visas available such as student visas but it's hard to give you more information without knowing what you are planning to do down there.

Chris Wynne


I stumbled on your site while trying to find logistical information (visas, length of stay, etc) i need to know as I'm considering a move from the U.S. to Buenos Aires. I saw your Visa & Documentation Links page, and the link to the official documentation and laws site, but simply put there are just way too many words on there. my question -- what exactly did you need to do to be able to move down there? what hoops did you have to jump through at the consulate? I just got back from Brazil and got my 90 day visa, but noticed that I didn't need one to enter Argentina. What is really required for a long term move???

Thanks much for your help.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Order Ebook Moving to and Living in Buenos Aires


Ebook Reader Comments

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to my blog feed

Flickr Badge

  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from zurrolaur. Make your own badge here.


Buy Argentine Products

Books on Argentina

Health & Beauty

Health Insurance

Pet Resources

Telephone & Fax (Landline & Internet)


Visa & Documentation Info